A large NSW public sector agency needed to significantly reduce their operational expenses within an 18 month period, without impacting important government reform programs and overall service delivery.
There were deficiencies in previous efforts to correctly predict workload, and accurately measure workforce expenses, leading to a rapid expansion in expenses.
- Strategic planning & prioritisation
- Extensive stakeholder consultation
- Financial modelling of workforce costs
- Organisational design
- Accurate modelling of workforce costs and projections
- Target organisational design
- 18 month plan for achieving MOG savings, without unduly impacting service delivery
Stakeholder engagement can have a very significant impact on the success of machinery of government changes. Explaining the reality of the strategic situation to stakeholders can dramtically improve the quality of conversations, and the outcomes that are achieved.