NSW Rural Fire Service, one of Australia’s largest volunteer based emergency services agencies, decided to undertake a comprehensive review of their strategic direction.
The agency set out to reform operations to address the changing circumstances and expectations of both communities and the NSW Government.
Our team worked with senior leaders, community, and volunteers to develop a comprehensive strategy.
- Community and stakeholder consultation
- Gap analysis
- Leadership workshops
- Creation of cascading KPIs for divisions, branches, individuals
- Accelerated planning process
- Adoption of a purpose led strategy
- Strategy aligned to desired outcomes
Previous strategic plans had failed to gain traction within the leadership team. Authentic and genuine consultation with stakeholders is the key to achieving purpose and buy-in.
The adoption of clear language is critical when formulating and communicating strategy. Every customer and employee needs to be reflected in the strategy, so they can understand purpose and context.