The Law Society of NSW sets the professional standards for the legal profession, licences solicitors to practice, investigates complaints, and regulates various aspects of the profession.
As part of their regulatory oversight for the profession, The Law Society regulates Trust Accounts administered by Legal practitioners. The Society was seeking to procure services from a provider to enable improved data analysis and fraud detection for Trust Accounts.
SpencerMaurice was engaged to assist with the management of this major procurement, and to provide an independent vendor evaluation.
- Consultation with internal and external stakeholders to confirm service requirements
- Undertaking a market analysis to identify suitable service providers or vendors, and identification of a shortlist of potential suppliers.
- Development of a draft vendor scoping brief, and consultations with similar regulators in other jurisdictions.
- Development of a detailed procurement and vendor evaluation process
- Market analysis and scope of services prepared.
- Development of tender documentation and vendor evaluation
- Administration of the tender process in accordance with Council requirements.
- Development of a detailed vendor evaluation report, which was used as the basis for vendor selection.