Education Shared Services division has approximately 1,000 FTE providing administration and support services to over 2,000 schools, and a workforce of 150,000 teachers and administrators across regional and metro NSW.
The division provides front-line corporate services, working alongside specialist subject matter partners from Finance, HR, Technology and Procurement.
Education Shared Services is responsible for ensuring that the delivery of these services takes full advantage of contemporary shared services technologies and ways of working, and that the administrative burden on schools is minimised.
SpencerMaurice was engaged to assist in the development and prioritisation of business improvements, and support the operational planning to implement those improvements. The improvement initiatives were designed to streamline and strengthen service delivery to schools and the department.
- Extensive program of internal stakeholder consultations
- Use of co-design workshops to develop and prioritise business improvement opportunities
- Operational plans were produced through co-design workshops, and aligned to the over-arching agency level strategic plan
- Five-year strategic plan and implementation roadmap, spanning improvements to coporrate services delivery across Finance, HR, Technology, and Procurement.
- Detailed operational planning for business improvements. One year program of work in line with five-year plan.
- Stakeholder and change management plan
- Service management and governance strategy
- Key performance metrics & indicators aligned to desired outcomes