NSW Crown Lands has the primary responsibility for Crown land management, overseeing land managers, providing property management services, and directly managing land, assets, and infrastructure.
The agency needed to update key programs of work to take into account recent case law relating to Native Title. This impacted lease renewals for Crown land, and also led to processing delays, and a large backlog of applications for Crown Road sales.
The circumstances were highly sensitive for key stakeholders. There had already been significant negative impacts to relationships with Native Title Holders and Claimants.
SpencerMaurice was commissioned to independently review and analyse the existing caseload of leases and Crown Road sales applications, and develop evidence-based recommendations to revise business processes, and develop decision making systems, and provide scenario modelling of financial impacts.
- A collaborative co-design approach, involving extensive consultations
- Data modelling of existing case load, and financial modelling for five key scenarios
- Mapping of business processes and interactions with Native Title.
- Recommendations for adjustments to program design, decision making, and processes.
- 60-page report outlining Native Title impacts, process improvements required, and financial analysis of scenarios.